London Sunday
At the London airport, I saw two girls with colored hair, one with dark purple, and the other with red. It was exciting and relieving to see that I wouldn't be totally out of place with my cotton candy-esque bob. Normal colors of hair flooded the international arrivals area, and very few paused when over the intercom, an ominous voice announced a non-denominational service in the chapel.
In my corner of a coffee shop, I noticed several police officers with bulky, powerful guns stand guard every few feet. Not much of the chaotic movement changed, but I definitely straightened my posture and looked for the nearest exits. Was this in case there was a terrorist attack or religious hate crime? My thoughts buzzed, but the anxiety soon died when the police scattered just a few minutes after the announcement. They brought around a puppy to sniff for bombs, who lingered on my luggage because I have a dog at home. I was nervous, but the police offered smiles and treats to their furry trainee.
As I waited for my flight to Dublin, it wouldn't leave my head of what a dangerous and unpredictable world we live in, especially when political tensions are high. It makes me cautious and skeptical, which are not qualities I wish to have, but feel that I have to in order to protect myself.
So, I'll leave you with this thought: why do humans have to attack anything we don't understand?
In my corner of a coffee shop, I noticed several police officers with bulky, powerful guns stand guard every few feet. Not much of the chaotic movement changed, but I definitely straightened my posture and looked for the nearest exits. Was this in case there was a terrorist attack or religious hate crime? My thoughts buzzed, but the anxiety soon died when the police scattered just a few minutes after the announcement. They brought around a puppy to sniff for bombs, who lingered on my luggage because I have a dog at home. I was nervous, but the police offered smiles and treats to their furry trainee.
As I waited for my flight to Dublin, it wouldn't leave my head of what a dangerous and unpredictable world we live in, especially when political tensions are high. It makes me cautious and skeptical, which are not qualities I wish to have, but feel that I have to in order to protect myself.
So, I'll leave you with this thought: why do humans have to attack anything we don't understand?
Comments
Post a Comment