Welcome to Maynooth

I am so excited to start school at Maynooth. I am taking classes called Ireland Since 1800, Christianity and Secular Thought, Living Deliberately, Creative Writing, and Contemporary European Women's Writing. I hope that my mix of classes allow for lots of free time for traveling and painting and writing, while also challenging my beliefs and what I know about myself. 

Right now, I am attempting to create a routine for myself to establish a sense of belonging, and so that I don't spend my days in my dorm alone whenever I can't be traveling. It's so easy with the constant cold wind to just want to curl up with a book or a movie. Especially now, when I know almost no one at my school and don't know about any events or places to go. 

Last week, the Student Union held a Clubs and Societies Fair, some of which were very interesting and unique. I hope to partake in the Creative Writing Club, the Psychology Society, the Purpose Movement, the Pride Society, and the Mental Health Society. The only danger of being so interested in everything is the possibility of overbooking myself, but I'm just going to try things out these first few weeks.

I hope you enjoyed the mini tour around campus, stay tuned for a post on sustaining creativity while keeping a full schedule!



Buildings from the Old Campus



Maynooth University Library


Campus Gardens


My dorm, Riordan Hall










St. Patrick's House

Comments

  1. I'm sure you will have a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beast From the East

London Sunday